Ductless systems, also known as mini splits, offer a great heating, air conditioning and air quality solution for isolated spaces or homes that don’t have ductwork.
A ductless system will provide on-demand, custom comfort for the space it serves. It can be controlled through a wall unit, remote control, or smartphone in some cases. Easy on-demand use means that you only use energy when needed, saving you money.
The alternative is installing ductwork which is a lengthy, costly process which if often very disruptive to everyday life at home.
BENEFITS OF A DUCTLESS SYSTEM
More than a space-saving solution, ductless or mini-split systems offer numerous cost-savings and comfort-making benefits over traditional HVAC systems.
- Affordable: Mini-splits can provide year-round comfort, saving you the need to maintain separate heating and cooling systems in your space.
- Energy-efficient: An Energy Star certified ductless heating and cooling system can lower your electrical heating bill by 60% and save 30% on cooling.
- Controlled use in specific areas: Each ductless unit can provide precise, custom heating and cooling in each room, which you can control through wall consoles, wireless remote controls or smartphone apps (depending on the model.)
- Cleaner air: Ductless systems also serve as air filtration systems that help to remove allergens like pollen, dust, mold, mildew and pet dander from your air.
- Easy to install: With no bulky ductwork, the inside units are wall-mounted or installed in the attic or crawlspace and connected to the outside unit through a small refrigerant line. We’ll install the system quickly without disrupting your day-to-day routine.
- Environmentally friendly: Ductless heating and air conditioning systems use advanced compressor technology to provide energy-efficient cooling. Mini splits use heat pumps to transfer heat instead of generating it, using 60% less energy than other electric heating systems.
Call our heating and cooling specialists to learn more about whether a installing a ductless system is the right choice for you.
PLACES WHERE DUCTLESS SYSTEMS CAN BE USED
Many of our ductless systems are installed in older, century or heritage homes that were built without space for sheet metal ductwork. Ductless systems can be easily installed in these houses compromising their timeless aesthetic.
If want to replace your outdated electric heating system with something more energy-efficient, or cool your home without bulky window or portable air conditioners, mini-splits are the perfect solution.
We also recommend ductless mini-split systems for multi-unit buildings without central air conditioning, and separate spaces like additions and garages.
The numerous applications for ductless systems include:
- Century/heritage homes
- Isolated spaces with no ductwork
- Controlled, zoned, heating and cooling
- Additions, garages, workshops
- Supplementary cooling for areas such as additions, garages, bonus rooms
- Landlords needing to cool multiple units inside a building
Like any other mechanical unit, your ductless system requires regular maintenance. Regular maintenance will help you make sure that yours will deliver reliable heating and cooling for years to come.
While it’s easy to forget to have your ductless system checked (especially since they’re so much smaller and quieter than other heating and cooling systems!) there are a number of benefits to having a professional perform a yearly maintenance check:
- Ensure that every part of your system is functioning correctly
- Reliable heating and cooling when you need it the most
- Longer life for your ductless systems
- Efficient performance, saving on energy costs
For a ductless system, annual maintenance will include:
- Removing debris from the outside unit
- Cleaning or replacing the air filters to ensure proper air flow and indoor air quality
- Inspecting and cleaning the coil and condenser unit
- Maintaining the pipes and checking for leaks
Our service plans are an affordable, worry-free way to get annual maintenance on your heating and cooling system. Learn more about our service plan options starting at just $6.95/month.
For more information about ductless heating and central air systems or to schedule a tune-up, call us or book your appointment online today.