Ductless systems, also known as mini splits, offer a great solution for homes that don’t have ductwork or for isolated spaces that require heating and cooling.
Ductless systems also provide on-demand, custom comfort for the space it serves. It can be controlled through a wall unit, remote control, or smartphone in some cases. Easy on-demand use means that you only use energy when needed, saving you money.
The alternative is installing ductwork which is a lengthy, costly process which if often very disruptive to everyday life at home.
Benefits of a ductless system
- Controlled use in specific areas
- Cleaner air
- Easy to install
- Environmentally friendly
Places where ductless systems can be used
- Isolated spaces with no ductwork
- Controlled, zoned, heating and cooling
- Additions, garages, workshops
- Supplementary cooling for areas such as additions, garages, bonus rooms
- Landlords needing to cool multiple units inside a building
Like any other mechanical unit, your ductless system requires regular maintenance. There are a number of benefits to having a professional perform a yearly maintenance check:
- Ensure that every part of your system is functioning correctly
- Reliable heating and cooling when you need it the most
- Longer life for your ductless systems
- Efficient performance, saving on energy costs