At Bosco Home Services we offer toilet, shower, and tub repair and installation services. Our goal is to ensure that you have a well functioning, aesthetically pleasing, and comfortable space.
A toilet may not be the most talked about appliance in your home, but it is certainly one of the most frequently used domestic devices. Many of us take our toilets for granted, flushing down improper items and not having our units serviced regularly.
At Bosco Home Services we offer both toilet repair and installation services, ensuring that you have a well functioning, aesthetically pleasing, and comfortable unit.
Signs that you may need to replace your toilet
- Cracked porcelain: Not only is a crack unsightly, it can also be dangerous. A crack can easily become a break, and if the toilet is being used at the time it breaks, the sharp edges of the broken pieces can cause severe injuries. Cracks can also leak and cause damage to the floor and subfloor.
- Old, inefficient toilet: Older toilets usually use much more water than a new toilet, roughly 3.5 gallons or more per flush. All new toilets should only use a maximum of 1.6 gallons of water per flush. If you’re planning to remodel your bathroom, this is a good time to replace your old toilet.
- Hard water damage: Mineral deposits build up over time and can eventually clog all parts of the toilet, making it hard to flush or create leaks that waste water and run up your water bill.
A toilet with multiple repair issues can often be less expensive to replace rather than repair.
How to avoid a clogged toilet
- Don’t use too much toilet paper. This can cause a clog in the toilet or build up in your waste line.
- Never flush paper towels or feminine hygiene products down the toilet. These products will not break down in your waste line.
- Make sure your toilet is using enough water to completely rid the bowl of waste. If in doubt, have a plumber adjust it properly.
- Keep small objects away from the toilet. If something is accidentally dropped into the toilet, don’t try to flush it down. Remove the object from the bowl or have a plumber remove it if the toilet has already been flushed, lodging the object in the trap or line.
- Don’t let children play with small toys in the tub that may end up in the toilet.
- Have regular maintenance performed. A program of preventive maintenance with a professional plumbing company, such as Bosco Home Services, will reduce the frequency of clogged toilets and possibly eliminate the problem altogether.
- Have your waste water pipes inspected with state-of-the-art camera technology. This is a non-intrusive way to find out if there are problems in your pipes that are causing your clogged toilets. Have any damaged pipes repaired or replaced.
- Have trees removed from above and around your underground waste lines. This may be contributing to your clogged toilets or could potentially do so in the future.
- If you continually need to plunge your toilet, have a professional plumber auger the line. This is a more thorough way to remove debris from the waste line.
- Never use an amateur plumber, as this can often make the problem worse.
Even with all the precautions, problems with toilets can still occur. Whether you are remodelling your bathroom and want a more modern unit or have an issue that requires immediate attention, our plumbing specialists are here to help.
Showers and tubs
If your shower or tub is outdated, showing signs of wear and tear that are beyond repair, or you are looking to remodel, we can provide you a variety of options to help you to decide which one will fit best with your personal tastes and budget. We also offer a list of repair services in the event of any problems.
What are good reasons to replace your shower or tub?
When something is seriously wrong with the plumbing, many homeowners take the opportunity to install a new tub and rework the plumbing around it. Lastly, replacing your tub may simply come down to aesthetics; there are some very elegant bathtubs on the market that will truly improve the look and feel of your bathroom.
Whether you need to replace a broken shower or tub or simply want to upgrade your bathroom, Bosco Home Services is here to assist you.