A boiler is an essential heating element inside your home, which is why it is important that you keep your unit properly maintained and have it repaired or replaced when necessary.
Signs that you may need a repair
It’s important to address boiler issues in a timely manner to keep small problems from becoming larger ones. If you notice any of these warning signs, contact us to schedule a service visit for your home.
- Unusual noises: It’s normal for your boiler to make some sounds as it’s operating, but repairs are likely needed if you notice strange, loud noises coming from your boiler. Hissing sounds also indicate that cleaning or repairs are necessary.
- Strange odours: If you notice an odd odour coming from your boiler, contact a professional immediately. Gas leaks are very dangerous and need to be dealt with right away.
- Water leaks: If water is collecting around your boiler, your system is not working efficiently. Once the leaks are repaired, you’ll likely notice a decrease in your energy bills.
- Poor performance: It’s a good idea to schedule a service visit if your boiler isn’t providing the level of heat that it normally does.
Replacement and installation
It can be challenging to know when to choose a replacement over repairs. Our technicians will provide you with estimates for both repairs and replacement, but replacement is likely your best option if you’re dealing with any of the following factors:
- Significantly higher energy costs
- Boiler is over 15 years old
- Repairs cost more than half the cost of a new unit
- Boiler requires more frequent repairs
Benefits of regular maintenance
Proper care and maintenance of your boiler has many benefits:
- Extend the life of your unit
- Ensure your unit is running as reliably and efficiently as possible
- Avoid costly repairs
- Safe operation
Have your boiler inspected by a reputable company at least once every year to avoid costly repairs and potentially dangerous situations such as a gas leak. By having regular professional inspections, you can keep your home and loved ones safe. As part of a maintenance check, your inspector will provide a full report after the inspection, along with their recommendations for any needed repairs or replacements.