A backwater valve ensures that wastewater flows away from your property.
Issues related to pressure changes and inclement weather can make hazardous waste flow backward into your fresh water supply and cause sewage to spill out of your sinks, toilets, and showers. In extreme cases, it can even cause a flood.
Whether you need one installed or existing system repaired, replaced, or upgraded, we are here to help.
Installation and repair
Having a backflow device in place can mean the difference between keeping dry or dealing with a potentially disastrous situation.
You may need a backflow device installed if you:
- Live in an area with a lot of rain or poor drainage
- Have a home with a drain located below the elevation of a sewer manhole cover
- Have a sump pump and need a backup in case of failure
Signs you may need one installed
- Water leaking out of the drain in your basement
- Stains around the drain area
- Strong odor coming from the drain